Manufacturers throughout the New North have been nominated for the 2010 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year (MOTY). The awards, which will be handed out Feb. 24, honor the state’s top manufacturers.
Here’s a look at the nominated companies and their respective categories:
- Chilton – Briess Industries, Inc. – Medium and Sustainability Categories
- De Pere – Cleaning Systems, Inc. (Lustra) – Small and Sustainability Categories
- Green Bay – WS Packaging Group, Inc. – Mega and Sustainability
- Manitowoc – Kaysun Corporation – Medium Category
- Manitowoc – Manitowoc Cranes, Inc. – Mega Category
- Manitowoc – Orion Energy Systems Inc. – Medium Category
- Marinette – Winsert, Inc. – Medium Category
- Neenah – Plexus Corporation – Mega Category
- Neenah – SCA Tissue North America – Mega and Sustainability Categories
- New London – Enerpipe Systems, Inc. – Mega Category
- Shawano – Genex Cooperative, Inc. – Mega Category
- Shawano – Wisconsin Film & Bag – Medium and Sustainability Categories
Celebrating its 23rd year, the MOTY program recognizes manufacturers of all sizes and industries for their contributions to the great state of Wisconsin. Manufacturers contribute to the vibrancy of Wisconsin and our communities through good business practices, innovative processes, and productivity enhancements. This program helps celebrate and honor the companies that have made Wisconsin the industrial powerhouse it is today.
The accounting and advisory firm of Baker Tilly, the law firm of Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, and the business association Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce sponsor the MOTY awards program. The winners are selected by an independent panel of judges.