January is right around the corner and Schenck SC has several sales and use tax updates scheduled throughout the area. The free workshop is designed for Accounting managers, accounting personnel, purchasing agents and small business owners struggling with sales and use tax rules. The two-hour workshop covers general SAUT issues and breakouts to address specific issues for the construction, health care and manufacturing industries.
The workshops will run from 8 to 10 a.m. on several upcoming dates at different locations:
- Jan. 17: Butte des Morts Country Club in Appleton
- Jan. 19: Pine Hills Country Club in Sheboygan
- Jan. 26: Holiday Inn of Fond du Lac
- Feb. 14: Clarion Hotel in Green Bay
- Feb. 16: La Sure’s Hall in Oshkosh·
- Feb. 23: Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc
Register for the free seminar by visiting www.schencksc.com/2012sautupdate.
Here are some other upcoming business events:
- Tuesday, Jan. 3: The Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Power Networking Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. in the chamber office in downtown Green Bay. Visit www.titletown.org for more information.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11: The Brown County Culinary Kitchen will be in the spotlight during the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business After Hours event from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at N.E.W. Curative Rehabilitation, 2900 Curry Lane, Green Bay. The kitchen has nine licensed food processors who will conduct tours and offer samples. Register at titletown.org or call (920) 437-8704.
- Wednesday, Jan. 12: Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership is hosting a free lunch and learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Green Bay Radisson on Investing in our Future: Proven Strategies to Find and Build Talent to Drive Growth. The event is designed for C-level executives and focuses on innovative ways to find and build the talent manufacturers need today and tomorrow. For more information or to register, click here.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18: The Northeast Chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals will start with educational sessions at 4:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Grand Chute. Dinner will be at 6 p.m. To register, visit http://new.aitp.org.
- Thursday, Jan 20: Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business and Breakfast will fature Steve Tyink of Miron Construction who will talk about the concept and methodology of customer attachment from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. To register, visit titletown.org or call 920.437.8704.
- Monday, Jan. 23: The Fox Cities Meet Your Legislators Business Connection will be held from 5 to7 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. This program gives chamber members the opportunity to meet their local, state and federal legislators in an informal setting. For more information call 920-734-7101.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24: The Ashwaubenon Business Association monthly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will be held at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium in Working Room A. The featured speaker will be Diane Roundy. For more information visit, www.ashwaubenonbusiness.com.
- Thursday, Jan. 27: The Oshkosh Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Oshkosh Convention Center. For more information on registration, please call (920) 303-2265, ext. 16.
- Monday, Jan. 30: The Legislative Dialogue Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event is sponsored by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and other members of the Northeast Wisconsin Chambers Coalition (NEWCC) and explores key legislative issues. The cost is $20 per person and includes breakfast. To register or for more information, please send an email to [email protected].
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. Visit www.foxcitieschamber.com for more information.
- Friday, Feb. 3: InDevelopment, a conference for developers and people who do business with developers, will be held from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The day-long event features networking, exhibitors, keynote speaker Tony Nelessen and the Fox Cities Economic Development Strategy Focus Group. For more information, click here.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]