The early bird registration for InDevelopment, an event designed for people in the New North who work in the commercial real estate industry, is this Friday. The event will be held Feb. 3 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton and features a keynote address by Tony Nelessen, an urban visionary; speed networking with area economic development officials; general networking sessions; and breakout sessions on a number of more specialized areas. Click here for more information.
Here are some business upcoming events you may be interested in:
- Jan. 18: Tryg Jacobson of Jake’s Café and a national branding expert is the speaker for the Sheboygan Chamber of Commerce’s Focal Point Seminar from 7:15 to 9 a.m. at the chamber offices. He will illustrate the link between building brands and building trust. Register online at www.sheboygan.org.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18: The Northeast Chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals will start with educational sessions at 4:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Grand Chute. Dinner will be at 6 p.m. To register, visit http://new.aitp.org.
- Thursday, Jan. 19: A free program on the challenges of launching a new business and how to overcome them will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. at the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley in Room 1349. There will also be an overview of the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac TechVenture and NewVenture programs that the UW Oshkosh College of Business will be offering at UW Fox Valley beginning later this month. For more information on the free session or upcoming programs, go to www.uwosh.edu/sbdc and click on “Entrepreneurship Education” or contact Bob O’Donnell at [email protected]
- Thursday, Jan 20: Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business and Breakfast will fature Steve Tyink of Miron Construction who will talk about the concept and methodology of customer attachment from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. To register, visit titletown.org or call 920.437.8704.
- Monday, Jan. 23: The Fox Cities Meet Your Legislators Business Connection will be held from 5 to7 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. This program gives chamber members the opportunity to meet their local, state and federal legislators in an informal setting. For more information call 920-734-7101.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24: The Ashwaubenon Business Association monthly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will be held at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium in Working Room A. The featured speaker will be Diane Roundy. For more information visit, www.ashwaubenonbusiness.com.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25: Olde Main Street in Green Bay will hold its annual meeting beginning at 4 p.m. at the Art Garage. For more information or to register, call (920) 437-1824.
- Friday, Jan. 27: The Oshkosh Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Oshkosh Convention Center. For more information on registration, please call (920) 303-2265, ext. 16.
- Friday, Jan. 27: Sail Young Professionals of Manitowoc County will host a lunch an learn on how to act like a leader by Marcia Donlon, vice president of Holy Family Medical Center, beginning at noon at Silver Lake College’s social hall. The event is free to Sail members and the cost is $25 for non-Sail and non-chamber members. For more information or to register, please contact the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Monday, Jan. 30: The Legislative Dialogue Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event is sponsored by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and other members of the Northeast Wisconsin Chambers Coalition (NEWCC) and explores key legislative issues. The cost is $20 per person and includes breakfast. To register or for more information, please send an email to [email protected].
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. Visit www.foxcitieschamber.com for more information.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]