The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and Industry will kick off a new quarterly Signature Symposium Series after the annual Economic Outlook Breakfast on Feb. 1 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event runs from 9:30 to 11:45 a.m. The Signature Symposium Series will be half-day quarterly events focused on helping area business leaders grow their businesses and develop talent. Each event will feature a regional or national keynote speaker followed by targeted breakout sessions presented by local experts. This first session will present a proven business model for establishing and sustaining high performance cultures. The model, Integrated High Performance, was developed by Tom Wiltzius and Gail Wise and is the result of years of published research and best practices to address key elements that integrate and form a high performance culture. For more information or to register for the event, please visit www.foxcitieschamber.com or contact the chamber at 920-734-7101.
Here’s a look at some other upcoming events:
- Monday, Jan. 23: The Fox Cities Meet Your Legislators Business Connection will be held from 5 to7 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. This program gives chamber members the opportunity to meet their local, state and federal legislators in an informal setting. For more information call 920-734-7101.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24: The Ashwaubenon Business Association monthly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will be held at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium in Working Room A. The featured speaker will be Diane Roundy. For more information visit, www.ashwaubenonbusiness.com.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25: Olde Main Street in Green Bay will hold its annual meeting beginning at 4 p.m. at the Art Garage. For more information or to register, call (920) 437-1824.
- Friday, Jan. 27: The Oshkosh Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Oshkosh Convention Center. For more information, please click here.
- Friday, Jan. 27: Sail Young Professionals of Manitowoc County will host a lunch an learn on how to act like a leader by Marcia Donlon, vice president of Holy Family Medical Center, beginning at noon at Silver Lake College’s social hall. The event is free to Sail members and the cost is $25 for non-Sail and non-chamber members. For more information or to register, please contact the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Monday, Jan. 30: The Legislative Dialogue Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event is sponsored by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and other members of the Northeast Wisconsin Chambers Coalition (NEWCC) and explores key legislative issues. The cost is $20 per person and includes breakfast. To register or for more information, please send an email to [email protected].
- Friday, Feb. 3: InDevelopment will be held throughout the day at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event is designed for people in the New North who work in the commercial real estate industry and economic development. The event features a keynote address by Tony Nelessen, an urban visionary; speed networking with area economic development officials; general networking sessions; and breakout sessions on a number of more specialized areas. Click here for more information.
- Friday, Feb. 3: The Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce is hosting a coffee and conversation meeting with local legislators from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Little Chute Village Hall.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7: The Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce is hosting its economic outlook breakfast beginning at 7:15 a.m. at the Oshkosh Convention Center. Economist Brian Beaulieu will review what happened in 2011 and provide his economic outlook for the future, along with providing a little bit of advice to individuals and business owners. To register, click here.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]