InDevelopment, an event designed for people in the New North who work in the commercial real estate industry, is less than a month away. The event will be held Feb. 3 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton and features a keynote address by Tony Nelessen, an urban visionary; speed networking with area economic development officials; general networking sessions; and breakout sessions on a number of more specialized areas. Click here for more information.
Here are some business upcoming events you may be interested in:
- Wednesday, Jan. 11: The Brown County Culinary Kitchen will be in the spotlight during the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business After Hours event from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at N.E.W. Curative Rehabilitation, 2900 Curry Lane, Green Bay. The kitchen has nine licensed food processors who will conduct tours and offer samples. Register at titletown.org or call (920) 437-8704.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11: Christina Trombley of the Small Business Development Center at UW-Green Bay is speaker for the Women in Management luncheon, which begins at 11:30 a.m. at Fox Banquets in Appleton. Trombley will share some thoughts on what business owner and managers should know, some strategies for moving their business forward and how to start or grow a business in today’s economy. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Thursday, Jan. 12: Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership is hosting a free lunch and learn from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Green Bay Radisson on Investing in our Future: Proven Strategies to Find and Build Talent to Drive Growth. The event is designed for C-level executives and focuses on innovative ways to find and build the talent manufacturers need today and tomorrow. For more information or to register, click here.
- Jan. 18: Tryg Jacobson of Jake’s Café and a national branding expert is the speaker for the Sheboygan Chamber of Commerce’s Focal Point Seminar from 7:15 to 9 a.m. at the chamber offices. He will illustrate the link between building brands and building trust. Register online at www.sheboygan.org.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18: The Northeast Chapter of the Association of Information Technology Professionals will start with educational sessions at 4:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Grand Chute. Dinner will be at 6 p.m. To register, visit http://new.aitp.org.
- Thursday, Jan 20: Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business and Breakfast will fature Steve Tyink of Miron Construction who will talk about the concept and methodology of customer attachment from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. To register, visit titletown.org or call 920.437.8704.
- Monday, Jan. 23: The Fox Cities Meet Your Legislators Business Connection will be held from 5 to7 p.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. This program gives chamber members the opportunity to meet their local, state and federal legislators in an informal setting. For more information call 920-734-7101.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24: The Ashwaubenon Business Association monthly luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will be held at the Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium in Working Room A. The featured speaker will be Diane Roundy. For more information visit, www.ashwaubenonbusiness.com.
- Thursday, Jan. 27: The Oshkosh Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Oshkosh Convention Center. For more information on registration, please call (920) 303-2265, ext. 16.
- Monday, Jan. 30: The Legislative Dialogue Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton. The event is sponsored by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and other members of the Northeast Wisconsin Chambers Coalition (NEWCC) and explores key legislative issues. The cost is $20 per person and includes breakfast. To register or for more information, please send an email to [email protected].
- Wednesday, Feb. 1: The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook Breakfast will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel. Visit www.foxcitieschamber.com for more information.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]