Learning how entrepreneurs can soar with Wisconsin’s emerging aerospace industry is the topic of the Wednesday meeting of the Wisconsin Innovation Network’s Northeast Wisconsin chapter. The group meets starting with registration and networking at 4:45 p.m. at the DJ Bordini Center at Fox Valley Technical College. Meridith Jaeger, director of AeroInnovate and outreach program at the UW-Oshkosh, will be joined by others from Wisconsin’s aerospace cluster to talk about how entrepreneurs and others can connect with opportunities within the industry. Register at: www.wisconsintechnologycouncil.com.
Here’s a look at some other upcoming events:
- Wednesday: Management Women Inc. will hold its monthly luncheon program at 11:45 a.m. at Brett Favre Steakhouse in Green Bay. The speaker will be Mandy Nycz, director of career services at St. Norbert College in De Pere. She will talk about ways to refresh your career. For more information, visit www.managementwomen.org
- Thursday: The Chamber of Manitowoc County’s Safety Council will host “OSHA Updates”from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at The Club, 200 E. Waldo Blvd., Manitowoc. Kelly Bubolz from the Appleton OSHA office will be the speaker. To register or for more information, contact the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21: St. Norbert College CEO Breakfast and Strategy Series will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis International Center at St. Norbert College in De Pere. The speaker will be Mike Haddad, president and CEO of Schreiber Foods, who will talk about “People Leadership.” The cost is $60. Click here for more information. Tuesday, Feb. 21: Sail, the young professional group in Manitowoc, is kicking off a new and engaging event, “Read to Lead, Lively Discussion – inspired leaders – bold actions” from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Roorbach Flowers and Coffee Garden. This will be an opportunity for individuals to exchange ideas while developing themselves and our community. Discussion will be based on the book, “You Don’t Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference,“ by Mark Sanborn. Jenner Reinke of Bartow Builders, Inc. and Juliet Kosarzycki of Yellow Zone International, LLC will facilitate the discussion. To register, contact the chamber at [email protected]
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The annual Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the KI Convention Center. Admission is free with a business card. For more details, visit www.titletown.org.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The Heart of the Valley Chamber Annual Dinner and Awards will at the Grand Meridian in Appleton with a reception at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6. The event will feature speaker Dick Leinenkugel. For more information, visit www.heartofthevalleychamber.com
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The Fox River Ad Club’s ADDY Awards gala will be held at the Legends Ballroom at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The event honors the best in advertising created in Northeast Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.aaffoxriver.org.
- Thursday, March 1: The fifth annual Converters Expo will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Lambeau Field Atrium in Green Bay. The event features about 100 exhibitors as well as skybox seminars. For more details and to register, click here
- Tuesday, March 6: The Fond du Lac Area Association Commerce and the Leadership Fond du Lac Alumni Group is hosting Chalmers Brothers for a management seminar from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Fond du Lac. Chalmers will talk about effective leadership and management and provide attendees with tools they can begin using immediately. Register online at www.fdlac.com
- Wednesday, March 14: Women in Management-Fox Cities Chapter is hosting “Learning to see – identifying waste in the workplace” at 11:30 a.m. at Fox Banquets in Appleton. The speaker will be Cynthia Berken Wetzel, who is lean certified by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and Association of Manufacturing Excellence and is a Six Sigma Green Belt. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Tuesday, March 20: The Wisconsin Family Business Forum will host Generation Dynamics & Family Business Life Cycle: Mentoring & Coaching the Next Generation from 8 a.m. to noon at the Bridgewood Resort Hotel in Neenah. Sandra L. Shirk McNeely of the Abbey Group LTD will be the presenter. All family businesses are invited to attend the free event. Register at http://wfbf.uwosh.edu.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]