It’s a good thing there’s an extra day in February this year…there’s plenty of events going on this week so we need the extra day to fit them in all in!
- Tuesday: The Lakeshore Business Builders, a local HBBA chapter, is hosting a speed networking event starting at 11:30 a.m. the Time Out Sports Grill in Manitowoc. This event offers local businesses an opportunity to meet and networking with many other businesses in a short period of time. Participants are asked to bring at least 30 business cards/brochures to exchange with others. Register here.
- Wednesday: The annual Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the KI Convention Center. Admission is free with a business card. For more details, visit www.titletown.org.
- Wednesday: The Heart of the Valley Chamber Annual Dinner and Awards will at the Grand Meridian in Appleton with a reception at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6. The event will feature speaker Dick Leinenkugel. For more information, visit www.heartofthevalleychamber.com.
- Wednesday: The Fox River Ad Club’s ADDY Awards gala will be held at the Legends Ballroom at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The event honors the best in advertising created in Northeast Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.aaffoxriver.org.
- Thursday: The fifth annual Converters Expo will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Lambeau Field Atrium in Green Bay. The event features about 100 exhibitors as well as skybox seminars. For more details and to register, click here.
- Monday, March 5: The NEW Manufacturing Alliance will hold its next general meeting starting at 3 p.m. at Fox Valley Technical College’s D.J. Bordini Center in Grand Chute. The speaker will be William Strauss, senior economist and economic advisor for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. and organizes the Bank’s Economic Outlook Symposium and Automotive Outlook Symposium. If you are interested in attending, please contact Ann Franz at either [email protected] or 920-498-5587.
- Tuesday, March 6: The Fond du Lac Area Association Commerce and the Leadership Fond du Lac Alumni Group is hosting Chalmers Brothers for a management seminar from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Fond du Lac. Chalmers will talk about effective leadership and management and provide attendees with tools they can begin using immediately. Register online at www.fdlac.com.
- Monday, March 12: The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and the Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce are co-hosting a breakfast event featuring U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, R-Sherwood, and Dr. Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a strategist and policy advisor. They will talk about the enormous impact of state and federal regulations on business, and the need for pro-growth corporate tax reform. Dr. Holtz-Eakin will also share his belief that Wisconsin’s budget and labor issues mirror the nation’s budget and labor issues. The cost is $20 per member. Register at www.foxcitieschamber.com.
- Tuesday, March 13: QR codes and the role they play in business is the topic of the next business and breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Advance Business & Manufacturing Center in Green Bay. Find more info at www.titletown.org.
- Wednesday, March 14: Schenck is hosting a free one-hour webinar entitled “Preparing for and Understanding the Single Audit Process” at 11 a.m. The webinar is designed for governmental and not-for-profit organizations that received federal and/or state financial assistance. To register, visit www.schencksc.com/singleaudit. Registrants will receive log-in instructions a few days prior to the event.
- Wednesday, March 14: Women in Management-Fox Cities Chapter is hosting “Learning to see – identifying waste in the workplace” at 11:30 a.m. at Fox Banquets in Appleton. The speaker will be Cynthia Berken Wetzel, who is lean certified by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and Association of Manufacturing Excellence and is a Six Sigma Green Belt. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Tuesday, March 20: The Wisconsin Family Business Forum will host Generation Dynamics & Family Business Life Cycle: Mentoring & Coaching the Next Generation from 8 a.m. to noon at the Bridgewood Resort Hotel in Neenah. Sandra L. Shirk McNeely of the Abbey Group LTD will be the presenter. All family businesses are invited to attend the free event. Register at http://wfbf.uwosh.edu.
- Tuesday, March 27: Shawano County Economic Progress Inc. is holding its annual economic summit starting at 5 p.m. at The Gathering. The speakers will be Jim Feeney, president of president of Wisconsin Film & Bag in Shawano, and Dan Miller, senior bank manager for Associated Bank in Shawano. Cost is $30 per person. For information, contact the organization at (715) 526-5839 or [email protected]
- Monday, April 2: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at the MBA Graduate Education Center, 333 Main St., Green Bay. Register by clicking here
- Tuesday April 3: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Appleton. Register by clicking here.
- Tuesday, April 10: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at Sage Hall on the UW-Oshkosh campus. Register by clicking here.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]