The Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce is hosting its economic outlook breakfast beginning at 7:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Oshkosh Convention Center. Economist Brian Beaulieu will review what happened in 2011 and provide his economic outlook for the future, along with providing a little bit of advice to individuals and business owners. To register, click here. http://www.oshkoshchamber.com/economic_outlook
Here’s a look at some other upcoming events:
- Wednesday: The Green Bay Chapter of Women in Management is holding its monthly meeting beginning at 11:30 a.m. at the Midway Best Western. The luncheon will feature speaker Jennifer Maier of Junior Achievement Brown County who will talk about the U.S. dropout crisis. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Wednesday: Lisa Werner, a certified register investment advisor and owner of Pivot LLC in Neenah, will speak about networking while playing golf at the February Women in Management-Fox Cities Chapter meeting at 11:30 a.m. at Fox Banquets, Appleton. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Wednesday: The Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business After Hours will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the National Railroad Museum. Register at www.titletown.org.
- Thursday: QR Codes will be the topic of a Chamber Café from noon to 1 p.m. at the Chamber of Manitowoc County. Mark Sewacki of Zimmermann Printing Company will present “Understanding the QR Code: What it is, How it Works and How it Can Work for You.”
- Thursday, Feb. 16: The Chamber of Manitowoc County’s Safety Council will host “OSHA Updates” from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at The Club, 200 E. Waldo Blvd., Manitowoc. Kelly Bubolz from the Appleton OSHA office will be the speaker. To register or for more information, contact the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21: St. Norbert College CEO Breakfast and Strategy Series will be held from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis International Center at St. Norbert College in De Pere. The speaker will be Mike Haddad, president and CEO of Schreiber Foods, who will talk about “People Leadership.” The cost is $60. Visit: www.snc.edu/president/ceobreakfast.html.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The annual Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Business Expo will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the KI Convention Center. Admission is free with a business card. For more details, visit www.titletown.org.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The Heart of the Valley Chamber Annual Dinner and Awards will at the Grand Meridian in Appleton with a reception at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6. The event will feature speaker Dick Leinenkugel. For more information, visit www.heartofthevalleychamber.com.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: The Fox River Ad Club’s ADDY Awards gala will be held at the Legends Ballroom at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. The event honors the best in advertising created in Northeast Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.aaffoxriver.org.
- Thursday, March 1: Converters Expo 2012 will be at the Lambeau Field Atrium in Green Bay from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The fifth annual expo will feature more than 100 exhibitors from various converting industries. For more information, visit www.convertersexpo.com.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]