The 10th Annual Northeastern Wisconsin Global Trade Conference will be held Tuesday at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This year’s event features keynote addresses from Canadian Counsel General Git’ane DeSilva and Thomas Bentley III of Bentley WorldPackaging Corp. Individual sessions will also be held on a variety of topics. Visit www.titletown.org for more information.
Here are some other upcoming events you may be interested in:
- Tuesday:The Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce is hosting Business over Breakfast seminar on Facebook Timeline for Business at 7:30 a.m. at the chamber office, 101 E. Wisconsin Ave., Kaukauna. Aaron Baer and Pete Serogy from Baer Performance Marketing will teach you about the changes have been made, new privacy settings to be aware of and how your business can capitalize using Facebook Timeline. Reservations are required by calling (920) 766-1616.
- Tuesday: The Chamber of Manitowoc County is hosting “A Whole New World – Current Trends in Adult Employment and Education” presented by Jill Grohusky with the Manitowoc County Job Center from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at Lakeshore Technical College’s campus in Manitowoc. To register or for more information, call the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Tuesday: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Appleton. Register by clicking here.
- Tuesday, April 10:Manitowoc’s Women in Management Chapter will focus on positive networking at its April meeting, which runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc. The speaker is Joyce Nelson, president of Green Bay’s WIMI chapter and owner of Joyce Ventures. Register by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- Tuesday, April 10: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at Sage Hall on the UW-Oshkosh campus. Register by clicking here.
- Wednesday, April 18 to Friday, April 20: The Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI) at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will present its Green Innovations 2012 conference “Water – Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” at the school. Attendees will be where innovation, business and water resources meet. For more information on the various events, visit www.uwgb.edu/embi, or call (920) 465-2995.
- Wednesday, April 18: Management Women Inc. is hosting its monthly meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Brett Favre’s Streakhouse in Green Bay. This month’s topic is keeping your brain healthy. To register, contact Jeri Starich at [email protected].
- Thursday, April 19: Learn how to make your office a more exciting and healthier place to work at the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business and Breakfast series from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. Wanda Truttmann-Sieber of Unishippers will provide insights about the company culture and wellness initiatives. There will also be time to ask questions and to share your own company’s practices. To register or for more information, visit www.titletown.org.
- Thursday, May 3 to Friday, May 4: The annual conference for managers of volunteers will be held at the Blue Harbor Resort and Conference Center in Sheboygan. The conference is organized by Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association (WVCA) a membership organization representing volunteer centers, local volunteer coordinator associations and volunteer coordinators in Wisconsin. For more information or to register, visit www.wvcasite.com.
- Thursday, May 17: Converting Influence is hosting a half-day event at the Fox Valley Technical College’s Bordini Center. Networking and displays start at 9:30 a.m. with a panel discussion on the latest industry news beginning at 10:30 a.m. A lunch will follow. Visit http://www.convertinginfluence.com/infopage.cfm?sitesectionid=6 for more details or to register.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]