As the temperatures warm up, the business calendar of regional activities is also heating up. Here’s a look at some upcoming activities:
- Tuesday: The Fond du Lac Area Association Commerce and the Leadership Fond du Lac Alumni Group is hosting Chalmers Brothers for a management seminar from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Fond du Lac. Chalmers will talk about effective leadership and management and provide attendees with tools they can begin using immediately. Register online at www.fdlac.com.
- Monday, March 12: The Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and the Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce are co-hosting a breakfast event featuring U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, R-Sherwood, and Dr. Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a strategist and policy advisor. They will talk about the enormous impact of state and federal regulations on business, and the need for pro-growth corporate tax reform. Dr. Holtz-Eakin will also share his belief that Wisconsin’s budget and labor issues mirror the nation’s budget and labor issues. The cost is $20 per member. Register at www.foxcitieschamber.com.
- Monday, March 12: The Inventors’ Network of Wisconsin will meet beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the D.J. Bordini Center in Appleton. Nick Brannen from the Brannen Law office in Fond du Lac and Jeff Hitzler the president of the Wisconsin Inventors Network will discuss how and when to use provisional patents to protect inventions. For more information, contact Jeff Hitzler at (920) 619-2030.
- Tuesday, March 13: QR codes and the role they play in business is the topic of the next business and breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Advance Business & Manufacturing Center in Green Bay. Find more info at www.titletown.org.
- Wednesday, March 14: Schenck is hosting a free one-hour webinar entitled “Preparing for and Understanding the Single Audit Process” at 11 a.m. The webinar is designed for governmental and not-for-profit organizations that received federal and/or state financial assistance. To register, visit www.schencksc.com/singleaudit. Registrants will receive log-in instructions a few days prior to the event.
- Wednesday, March 14: Women in Management-Fox Cities Chapter is hosting “Learning to see – identifying waste in the workplace” at 11:30 a.m. at Fox Banquets in Appleton. The speaker will be Cynthia Berken Wetzel, who is lean certified by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and Association of Manufacturing Excellence and is a Six Sigma Green Belt. For more information, visit www.wimiwi.org.
- Tuesday, March 20: The Wisconsin Family Business Forum will host Generation Dynamics & Family Business Life Cycle: Mentoring & Coaching the Next Generation from 8 a.m. to noon at the Bridgewood Resort Hotel in Neenah. Sandra L. Shirk McNeely of the Abbey Group LTD will be the presenter. All family businesses are invited to attend the free event. Register at http://wfbf.uwosh.edu.
- Tuesday, March 27: Shawano County Economic Progress Inc. is holding its annual economic summit starting at 5 p.m. at The Gathering. The speakers will be Jim Feeney, president of president of Wisconsin Film & Bag in Shawano, and Dan Miller, senior bank manager for Associated Bank in Shawano. Cost is $30 per person. For information, contact the organization at (715) 526-5839 or [email protected].
- Monday, April 2: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at the MBA Graduate Education Center, 333 Main St., Green Bay. Register by clicking here.
- Tuesday April 3: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Select in Appleton. Register by clicking here.
- Tuesday, April 10: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at Sage Hall on the UW-Oshkosh campus. Register by clicking here.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]