Several companies from across the New North received a 2011 Wisconsin Corporate Safety Award from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
Area companies receiving awards include:
- Georgia Pacific Green Bay Broadway, Green Bay
- J.F. Ahern Co., Fond du Lac
- MAG – IAS, LLC, Fond du Lac
- RGL Specialty Services, LLC, Green Bay
- Scheck Mechanical Wisconsin Corporation, Kaukauna
- Tweet/Garot Mechanical, Inc., Green Bay
Of the 166 companies who submitted applications, 85 made it to the final round and submitted the required subjective information to be considered for the final phase of the award. Each of the finalists provided details on their organization’s safety and health leadership, training and implementation programs, and employee participation. Their reports also include information on their safety accomplishments and goals.
The 85 applications were judged by an independent panel of 39 safety, health, and human resource professionals. From there, a total of 14 companies from Wisconsin were chosen to receive the awards.