Converting Influence is hosting a half-day event on Thursday, May 17 at the Fox Valley Technical College’s Bordini Center. Networking and displays start at 9:30 a.m. with a panel discussion on the latest industry news beginning at 10:30 a.m. A lunch will follow. Visit http://www.convertinginfluence.com/infopage.cfm?sitesectionid=6 for more details or to register.
Here are some other events going on:
- Wednesday: Management Women Inc. is hosting its monthly meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Brett Favre’s Steakhouse in Green Bay. This month’s topic is keeping your brain healthy. To register, contact Jeri Starich at [email protected].
- Wednesday: Rick Chandler, secretary of the state Department of Revenue, will speak on recent changes in Wisconsin’s tax climate at the Wisconsin Innovation Network’s Northeast Wisconsin chapter meeting at the DJ Bordini Center near Fox Valley Technical College in Grand Chute. Registration and networking begin at 4:45 p.m. Register at: www.wisconsintechnologycouncil.com.
- Thursday: Learn how to make your office a more exciting and healthier place to work at the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business and Breakfast series from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. Wanda Truttmann-Sieber of Unishippers will provide insights about the company culture and wellness initiatives. There will also be time to ask questions and to share your own company’s practices. To register or for more information, visit www.titletown.org.
- Saturday: UW Oshkosh College of Business is hosting a free cultural awareness seminar on Business in China from 1 to 2 p.m. The seminar will be presented by Siva Yam, president of the U.S. – China Chamber of Commerce. For more information or to register, visit http://conta.cc/HRK37F
- Tuesday, April 24: A presentation on doing business with the federal government and HUBZONE certification and general government contracting will be held from 8 to 9:30 a.m. at the Advance Business & Manufacturing Center in Green Bay. Bob Giesfeldt of Small Business Administration’s Wisconsin District Office will be the presenter. For more information or to register, call (920) 496-9010.
- Thursday, May 3 to Friday, May 4: The annual conference for managers of volunteers will be held at the Blue Harbor Resort and Conference Center in Sheboygan. The conference is organized by Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association (WVCA) a membership organization representing volunteer centers, local volunteer coordinator associations and volunteer coordinators in Wisconsin. For more information or to register, visit www.wvcasite.com.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]