The Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI) at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will present its Green Innovations 2012 conference “Water – Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” from April 18 to April 20 at the school. Attendees will be where innovation, business and water resources meet. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu/embi or call (920) 465-2995.
Here are some other upcoming events you may be interested in attending:
- Tuesday:Manitowoc’s Women in Management Chapter will focus on positive networking at its April meeting, which runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc. The speaker is Joyce Nelson, president of Green Bay’s WIMI chapter and owner of Joyce Ventures. Register by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- Tuesday: The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is hosting an information session on its MBA program starting at 6 p.m. at Sage Hall on the UW-Oshkosh campus. Register by clicking here.
- Wednesday, April 18: Management Women Inc. is hosting its monthly meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Brett Favre’s Steakhouse in Green Bay. This month’s topic is keeping your brain healthy. To register, contact Jeri Starich at [email protected].
- Thursday, April 19: Learn how to make your office a more exciting and healthier place to work at the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business and Breakfast series from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center at St. Norbert College. Wanda Truttmann-Sieber of Unishippers will provide insights about the company culture and wellness initiatives. There will also be time to ask questions and to share your own company’s practices. To register or for more information, visit www.titletown.org.
- Saturday, April 14: The UW Oshkosh College of Business is hosting a professional development seminar called “Courageous Conversations” at the MBA & Graduate Education Center from 8 a.m. to noon in downtown Green Bay, inside the Hyatt on Main. This seminar is presented by Tony Herrera, chief talent officer for Schreiber Foods. For more information, visit: http://conta.cc/HRK37F
- Saturday, April 21: UW Oshkosh College of Business is hosting a free cultural awareness seminar on Business in China from 1 to 2 p.m. The seminar will be presented by Siva Yam, president of the U.S. – China Chamber of Commerce. For more information or to register, visit http://conta.cc/HRK37F
- Tuesday, April 24: A presentation on doing business with the federal government and HUBZONE certification and general government contracting will be held from 8 to 9:30 a.m. at the Advance Business & Manufacturing Center in Green Bay. Bob Giesfeldt of Small Business Administration’s Wisconsin District Office will be the presenter. For more information or to register, call (920) 496-9010.
- Thursday, May 3 to Friday, May 4: The annual conference for managers of volunteers will be held at the Blue Harbor Resort and Conference Center in Sheboygan. The conference is organized by Wisconsin Volunteer Coordinators Association (WVCA) a membership organization representing volunteer centers, local volunteer coordinator associations and volunteer coordinators in Wisconsin. For more information or to register, visit www.wvcasite.com.
- Thursday, May 17: Converting Influence is hosting a half-day event at the Fox Valley Technical College’s Bordini Center. Networking and displays start at 9:30 a.m. with a panel discussion on the latest industry news beginning at 10:30 a.m. A lunch will follow. Visit http://www.convertinginfluence.com/infopage.cfm?sitesectionid=6 for more details or to register.
If you have an item you would like to be listed in this weekly blog posting or in the Connections feature in Insight, please send it to [email protected]