The Green Bay Chamber of Commerce will hold its Business & Breakfast program from 7 to 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 17 at the F.K. Bemis Conference Center. Festival Foods’ Mark Skogen will discuss what has made Festival Foods a success, including its ability to embrace change, the company’s people and culture, how Festival Foods executed a game plan, and the company’s involvement in the local community. The event is $18 for Chamber members and $35 for non-members. To register, visit titletown.org or call (920) 437-8704.
- Wednesday, May 16: The Chamber of Manitowoc County invites all Leadership Manitowoc County alumni to attend the 5th Annual Leadership Manitowoc County Alumni Golf Outing to be held at Seven Lakes Golf Course in Cato. The cost of golf and a cart is $20, or a package of golf, cart, and dinner is $40. The 2011-2012 class will have its graduation program immediately following the dinner. Visit the chamber’s website at www.chambermanitowoccounty.org or call the chamber at (920) 684-5575.
- Thursday, May 17: The Inventor Boot Camp will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the meeting room at First National Bank, 153 West Franklin Street, Berlin. Learn about opportunities to help bring your product or service to market and compete for prizes. Bob O’Donnell, director of the UW-Extension Small Business Development Center, will teach participants how to describe their new product or service. Participants will be able to learn how to create a prototype of their new product or service from Herbert Goetz. Goetz is the Inventor Services Program Manager of the Fab Lab at Fox Valley Technical College. For more information, contact Patrick Nehring at UW-Extension Waushara County (920) 787-0416 or [email protected]
- Tuesday, May 22: The Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce will hold the Strategies To Grow Your Business Roundtable, which will include discussions, networking, and a continental breakfast. The event is from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Bergstrom of Kaukauna, 2929 Lawe Street. Cost is $5 for Heart of the Valley Chamber Members, and $10 for non-members. For more information about this event and others sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, call (920) 766-1616 or visit www.heartofthevalleychamber.com.
- Tuesday, May 22: The free event Building & Transferring Value in Your Business Now and in the Future, sponsored by Strategic Solutions Consulting, Inc. & Cornerstone Business Services, Ince. Will be held from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Globe University in Appleton, 5045 W. Grande Market Drive, Room 206. First names only will be used to help maintain confidentiality. To register, call Shelley at (920) 436-9890 or e-mail [email protected]
- Thursday, May 24: The Thinc! Innovation conference will be held at the EAA in Oshkosh. THINC! Innovation includes two back-to-back events designed to nurture the exchange of innovative ideas and bring entrepreneurs and investors together. Part one, from 7:30 to 10 a.m., features the Technology & Human Innovation Networking Conference, presented by Insight Publications. Part two, from 10:30 to 4 p.m., features “Innovation to Capitalization,” presented by First Business Bank. Tickets for the event are $30. For more information or to register visit: www.thincinnovationevent.com.