The THINC! Innovation conference will be held Thursday, May 24 at the EAA in Oshkosh. THINC! Innovation includes two back-to-back events designed to nurture the exchange of innovative ideas and bring entrepreneurs and investors together. Part one, from 7:30 to 10 a.m., features the Technology & Human Innovation Networking Conference, presented by Insight Publications. Part two, from 10:30 to 4 p.m., features “Innovation to Capitalization,” presented by First Business Bank. Four leaders will present THINC! talks: Cheryl Perkins of Innovationedge, Neal Verfuerth of Orion Energy Systems, Craig Dickman of Breakthrough Fuel and Bob Pedersen of Goodwill Industries NCW. Tickets for the event are $30. For more information or to register visit: www.thincinnovationevent.com.
- Tuesday, May 22: The Heart of the Valley Chamber of Commerce of Kaukauna will present the “Strategies to Grow Your Business Roundtable from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Bergstrom of Kaukauna, 2929 Lawe Street. The event includes discussions, networking, and a continental breakfast. Roundtable guests will discuss finance and lending for small businesses, best practices for writing a business plan and ways to grow using a limited budget. The public is invited. Cost is $5 for Heart of the Valley Chamber Members, and $10 for non-members. For more information, call (920)-766-1616 or visit www.heartofthevalleychamber.com.
- Wednesday, May 23: Current, the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce young professionals network, is presenting speaker Patrick Hopkins at its Lunch n’ Learn event at Graystone Ale House in De Pere. Patrick Hopkins, president of Imaginasium Inc., will present “A Winning Experience: Creating ‘Wow’ at Every Touchpoint, Every Time.” The event begins at 11 a.m. with registration and networking. Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. and the presentation starts at noon. The event is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. To register, call (920) 593-3408 or email Brian Johnson at [email protected].
- Thursday, May 24: The Chamber of Manitowoc County is presenting a Chamber Café topic, “Social Media Tools for Business and Professional Growth,” featuring speaker Paul Hoffman, Information Technology instructor at Lakeshore Technical College. The program is at noon at The Chamber of Manitowoc County, 1515 Memorial Dr., Manitowoc. There is no cost for Chamber or Sail members, and a $25 cost for non-members. To register call (920) 684-5575 or email [email protected] This Chamber Café is sponsored by Wilfert Farms.
- Thursday, May 24: The Appleton Yacht Club will celebrate its recent renovation with a ribbon cutting and open house from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1200 S. Lutz Drive, Appleton. The estimated $600,000 project finished under-budget at $493,000, according to Tim Potter, Yacht Club Commodore. The renovation included building a 1,400-square-foot addition to the front of the clubhouse, with a partial second floor for an office, storage and meeting room. One of the most prominent features of the newly-remodeled building includes a decorative lighthouse that serves as a landmark for boaters traveling through the locks in Appleton. For more information, contact Tim Potter at (920) 739-3482 or www.appletonyachtclub.com.
- Thursday, May 31: The Wolf River Area Healthcare Foundation will hold its sixth annual community breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Crystal Falls Banquet Facility in New London. The event is open to the public and includes a complimentary breakfast at 7:15 a.m. New London Family Center (NLFMC) President and CEO Bill Schmidt and ThedaCare President and CEO Dean Gruner, MD, will lead the discussion and community conversation. Register by May 21. Contact Kelly Beyer at (920) 531-2066 or [email protected].