Advance, the economic development division of the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, will host the second annual Henry S. Baird Legislator of the Year banquet Thursday, Sept. 20 at The Marq in De Pere, beginning with social hour at 5:30 p.m. Dinner follows at 6:30 p.m., an award ceremony at 7 p.m. and keynote speaker at 7:15 p.m. John Maino, TV/radio commentator, will be the evening’s keynote speaker. The Henry S. Baird Legislator of the Year Award will be awarded to one of the 12 Brown County area state elected officials who have collaborated and contributed best efforts toward economic development and job creation in Brown County. The cost is $25 and includes dinner. To register, call (920) 437-8704.
· Monday, Sept. 10: The Chamber of Manitowoc County will host the program “TIFs in Wisconsin: Just the Facts” at its monthly Business Connects with Government luncheon from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Best Western Lakefront Hotel, 101 Maritime Dr., Manitowoc. The program will offer information about Tax Incremental Financing districts. The cost to attend the luncheon is $10 for Chamber and Sail members and $25 for non-members. To register, call (920) 684-5575 or email [email protected].
· Tuesday, Sept. 11: The Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries will host the program “Drafting your Winning Deal Team” from noon to 5 p.m. at the Lambeau Field Atrium in Green Bay. Keynote speaker is Mark Murphy, president and CEO of the Green Bay Packers. Panels of financial advisors and business psychology experts also will speak. The cost is $75 for members, $100 for nonmembers. Tours of the Hall of Fame and Stadium begin at 10 a.m. for an additional fee.For information or registration, go to mbbi.org or call (262) 893-8691.
· Wednesday, Sept. 12: The Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce will host its Business After Hours networking event from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Resch Center. PMI Entertainment Group is kicking off a new entertainment season at the Brown County Veterans Memorial Complex, which includes the Resch Center. Enjoy tours of the venue including suites, club seats, meeting space, Green Bay Gamblers locker room and star dressing rooms. The event is free for chamber members, $30 for prospective members. For more information and to register, visit www.titletown.org.
· Friday, Sept. 14: The Young Professionals of Fond du Lac’s Casino Night Fundraiser will be hosted at South Hills Golf & Country Club and includes Las Vegas style casino games, raffle prizes and an all-you-can-eat buffet. Proceeds go to benefit the Children’s Museum of Fond du Lac. The cost is $35 for YPF members and their guests and $45 for non-YPF members. For more information and to register, visit www.fdlac.com.
· Wednesday, Sept. 26: The second annual Manufacturing First Expo & Conference will be held Wednesday, Sept. 26 at the KI Center in Green Bay. Keynote speakers Jim Morgan and Tim Sullivan will each address the workforce shortage in manufacturing. The lunch presentation will be given by Mike Buseman, executive vice president of global operations at Plexus. Breakout sessions will be held on innovation, the skills shortage and global competitiveness. Tickets are $50 before Sept. 1, $75 after. The price includes lunch and access to the full day of conference, expo and networking opportunities. The day begins with registration at 7:30 a.m. and concludes with a cocktail hour at 3 p.m. Visit www.manufacturingfirst.com.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;