The second annual Manufacturing First Expo & Conference will be held Wednesday, Sept. 26 at the KI Center in Green Bay. Keynote speakers Jim Morgan and Tim Sullivan will each address the workforce shortage in manufacturing. The lunch presentation will be given by Mike Buseman, executive vice president of global operations at Plexus. Breakout sessions will be held on innovation, the skills shortage and global competitiveness. Tickets are $50 before Sept. 1, $75 after. The price includes lunch and access to the full day of conference, expo and networking opportunities. The day begins with registration at 7:30 a.m. and concludes with a cocktail hour at 3 p.m. Visit www.manufacturingfirst.com.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: Fox Valley Technical College will host a job fair for Auto, Diesel, Collision & Refinishing careers from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the J.J. Keller Transportation Center’s Truck Driving Safety Bay T178 on the Appleton Campus. For more information, visit www.fvtc.edu/ses-employers.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: Future Neenah, Inc. and TDS will host their annual Business Exchange event from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Uncorked, 108 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Neenah. The event is designed for Fox Valley area business people to meet and greet in a casual atmosphere. The cost is $2 in advance or $3 at the event. Hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will be available. To register call Future Neenah, (920) 722-1920.
- Thursday, Sept. 20: SCORE Fox Cities is launching the “Simple Steps for Starting Your Business Series” with Start Up Basics from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Copper Rock Coffee Shot at 210 W. College Ave. Appleton. The cost is $25. The following four sessions will be $100 for all, to be held Wednesday evenings from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 3 through Oct. 24 at the SCORE office, 125 N. Superior St. in Appleton. Topics include Business Concepts, Marketing Plans, Financial Projections and Funding Sources. Each session will be conducted by SCORE Mentors and experts in the field. To register, visit www.foxcities.score.org or call (920) 734-0701.
- Thursday, Sept. 20: Advance, the economic development division of the Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, is hosting the second annual Henry S. Baird “Legislator of the Year” banquet at The Marq in De Pere. A social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner, awards ceremony and keynote speaker John Maino, TV/radio commentator. The Henry S. Baird “Legislator of the Year Award” will be given to one of the 12 Brown County area state elected officials who have contributed best efforts toward economic development and job creation in Brown County. The cost is $25 and includes dinner. To register, call (920) 437-8704.
- Thursday, Sept. 27: Baker Tilly will host a Succession Insights seminar from 7 to 9:30 a.m. at the Butte des Morts Country Club. A panel discussion will help business owners, executives and their family members navigate the tax, business, personal and family issues involved with transitions and estate planning. The session is free but space is limited so contact Angela Horn at (920) 739-3423 or email [email protected] for reservations.