Miles Kimball President Vicki Updike announced today that the company will change its name to Silver Star Brands to more accurately describe its brand portfolio.
The company said the Miles Kimball name no longer accurately represents the direction, attitude and depth of the organization, which offers a wide variety of brands, including:
• As We Change: Serving women age 40+ with anti-aging, health and well-being products including beauty, skin care, hair care, figure-enhancing apparel and weight management.
• Easy Comforts: Focusing on products for independent living including mobility, diabetic needs, incontinence, health/wellness and personal care.
• Walter Drake: Delivering value-priced items for all ages including kitchen, household, health/wellness, personalized gifts, and stationery.
• Miles Kimball: Offering unique, useful and hard-to-find gadgets, including kitchenware, household, seasonal, food products and personalized gifts.
• Exposures: Photo-related items such as albums, frames, storage and personalized gifts.
The change to Silver Star Brands is a response to the evolving demand of product diversity and multi-channel marketing, including direct mail, radio, TV, e-commerce and catalog. The company’s primary target market is female aged 50 and older. More than 120 million households receive catalogs.
“We are an evolving company, which will leverage our historical strengths, core assets and expertise; most notably our traditional values and customer loyalty,” Updike says.
The Miles Kimball name will continue on as the flagship brand under the umbrella of Silver Star Brands.
The Miles Kimball Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the company which donates more than $70,000 annually, will continue to support causes and charities within the local market.
Silver Star Brands’ corporate headquarters will remain in Oshkosh. The company has about 500 year-round team members and more than 1,000 during the holiday season. Employees were notified of the name change earlier today in two team meetings at the company’s two locations in Oshkosh.
“We are a growth company with many exciting opportunities across the different disciplines, not restricted to only marketing and merchandising,” Updike says. “We hope to add employees as we continue to expand our family of brands.”
The new name takes effect immediately with the launch of the new corporate website at www.silverstarbrands.com. Silver Star Brands is owned by Blyth Inc. a publicly held company headquartered in Greenwich Connecticut.