Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce and Johnson Financial Group will accept nominations for the Coolest Thing Made in Wisconsin contest through Friday, Aug. 31.
Any product manufactured in Wisconsin qualifies for the contest. To nominate a product, visit: www.madeinwis.com.
Last year, roughly 150 products were nominated, and nearly 200,000 votes were cast. Products from across the Badger State were nominated including cheese, boats, food carts, iron castings, beer, motors and snow blowers with Oshkosh Corp and its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle winning the top prize.
After the nomination period, the contest uses a popular vote system to determine the Top 16 products. From there, the Top 16 will be placed into a bracket-style tournament called Manufacturing Madness. Products will compete against one another in head-to-head matchups, and the products that receive the highest votes in each matchup will advance to the next round.
Here’s the schedule:
- Aug. 20 – 31 — Nominations accepted
- Sept. 10 – 16 — Popular vote to determine the field of 16
- Sept. 17 — Announcement of the Top 16
- Sept. 18 – 23 — First round of the bracket
- Sept. 24 — Announcement of the Top 8
- Sept. 25 – 30 — Second round of the bracket
- Oct. 1 — Announcement of the Top 4
- Oct. 2 – 9 — Final round
- Oct. 9 — Winner announced
The winner will be announced at the WMC Foundation’s State of Wisconsin Business & Industry Luncheon at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison.