The results of a detailed survey of regional business leaders will be revealed at the annual New North Summit on Dec. 6 at the Fox Cities Exhibition Center in Appleton.
The New North Business Intelligence survey was conducted by St. Norbert College’s Strategic Research Institute. Dr. Jamie Lynch, associate professor sociology at SNC, will share the results with summit attendees.
The survey results are just one part of the daylong event bringing together regional leaders in business, government, nonprofits and education. The 15th annual summit kicks off with a welcome from Appleton Mayor Tim Hanna and John Schmidt, president and CEO of U.S. Venture, which is building a new $54.5 million headquarters in the city’s downtown.
Other parts of the day include:
- A speech by Governor-elect Tony Evers
- A presentation by Mark Hogan, secretary and CEO of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., on the success of the state’s national marketing campaign to attract transitioning military personnel and their spouses to Wisconsin.
- An overview from New North leadership on economic and talent development initiatives over the past year and what’s coming in 2019.
- Presentation of the New North Workplace Excellence Awards.
- “ED Talks,” the New North version of TED Talks that will focus on economic development themes, by Michelle Schuler of TechSpark Wisconsin at Microsoft, Phil Flynn of Associated Bank and Mary Goggans of Encapsys, LLC.
- Three breakout sessions on “Pioneers of Digital Disruption in Wisconsin” presented by Advancing AI Wisconsin, the NEW Manufacturing Alliance and the Northeast Wisconsin Consortium of Adult Education.
The New North Annual Summit program runs from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with registration, networking and breakfast beginning at 7 a.m. Online registration is available at www.newnorthsummit.com. The registration fee is $90, increasing to $100 at the door on the day of the event. Student tickets are available for $15.