YP groups from Fond du Lac, the Fox Cities, Green Bay, Manitowoc, Oshkosh and Sheboygan County will join other cities statewide in offering events aimed at uniting young people of all backgrounds with their peers and communities in new and meaningful ways.
The event, which got its start in 2012 with Milwaukee YP group NEWaukee, continues to grow and expand. This year, Atlanta, Chicago and Salt Lake City have joined with their own events.
Each community offers several events throughout the nine-day run. Some of the highlights for this year include:
- Fond du Lac — Aspiring Servant Leaders Conference, 7:30 a.m.-noon, April 23, Radisson Hotel, Fond du Lac. The half-day mini-conference will feature forward-thinking, real-world servant leadership practitioners. Participants will explore relevant questions that matter to leaders in organizations and communities in a unique and engaged-learning format.
- Green Bay — Broadway Beer Hop, noon-4 p.m., April 27, Broadway District, Green Bay. The event moves through the district and gives participants a chance to explore local businesses while offering samples at stops along the way.
- Manitowoc — Sip, Sample, Socialize at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center, 5-7:30 p.m., April 24, Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center, Manitowoc. Explore local foods, enjoy a tour of the new center and network with both the Young Professionals of Manitowoc County and Coastal Young Professionals Network from Sheboygan County.
- Oshkosh — Leadership Breakfast with Wilson Jones, 7:30-9:30 a.m., April 23, Menominee Nation Arena, Oshkosh. The Oshkosh Corp. CEO will share his best leadership tips for young professionals.
- Sheboygan County — YPWeek Send-off Brewery Brunch, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., April 28, 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. Taproom, Sheboygan. 8th Street Ale Haus and 3 Sheeps Brewing Co. collaborate on an all-you-care-to-eat brunch buffet.
For a complete listing of all events,click here.