New Sage Strategies, a consulting company in Appleton that helps strengthen executive leaders and their teams, is hosting the conference Oct. 17 at Liberty Hall in Kimberly.
“I want women to take their career to where they want it to be,” says Vicki Updike, New Sage Strategies founder and creator of the Women’s Leadership Conference. “Our goal is to educate, encourage and inspire women to continue their leadership journey.”
Conference participants will be encouraged and empowered to take ownership of their careers through keynote talks, panel discussions and breakout sessions featuring regional, national and international experts, as well as network with fellow professionals, Updike says. Topics covered will include leadership development, career advancement and well-being.
“There will be opportunities to learn and grow through this really unique experience,” Updike says. “The energy will be high, the networking is going to be a little bit more intentional, and attendees will have actionable items to take away.”
Updike says the event is designed to “encourage and inspire the leader in all of us. Leadership is not a title. Leadership is a skill, and it is a skill that you need to develop over time.”
The keynote speaker is Lois Frankel, author of “Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers.”
Breakout sessions will be led by:
- Lisa Van Wyk, president of Blaze Sports & Fitness and Enspire 365
- Robyn Gruner, director of external and legislative affairs for AT&T in Northeastern Wisconsin
- Lisa Cruz, president and owner of Red Shoes Inc.
- Heidi Strand, co-owner and co-founder of Blue Door Consulting
- Michelle Schuler, manager for Microsoft’s TechSpark Wisconsin and co-founder/past president of Women in Technology Wisconsin Inc.
- Kate Guth, marketing coordinator at KerberRose Certified Public Accountants
A lunchtime panel discussion will feature Patti Habeck, president of Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin; Kelly Radandt, general manager of Woodward Radio Group; and Joey Reader, president and founder of A-Mazing Events. Mary Schmidt of Schmidt Communications will deliver a special concluding presentation.
The conference begins with registration at 7:30 a.m. and concludes at 5 p.m. following a networking reception.
For more information or to register, click here.