“TEDxUW-GreenBay affords the opportunity of using a global platform to share ideas that resonate in our community,” says Kelli Strickland, executive artistic director for the Weidner Center and co-organizer of TEDxUW-GreenBay.
As part of their TEDx Talk, speakers present great, well-formed ideas in under 18 minutes.
The speakers for this year’s event include:
- Dennis Buehler, president and CEO of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation
- Renita Robinson, CEO of the YWCA Greater Green Bay
- Vicki Medland associate director of UW-Green Bay’s Cofrin Center for Biodiversity
- Andrew Becker, who earned his bachelor’s degree in human biology with an emphasis in dietetics from UW-Green Bay and is now completing his Ph.D. in biochemistry at the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Jessica Lyn Van Slooten, associate professor of English, Writing and Women’s and Gender Studies at UW-Green Bay
- Siobhan Marks, a member of the Miigizi (Eagle) Clan and a descendant of the Lac Courte Oreilles Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians of Wisconsin and Cree
Tickets for the independently organized TEDx event can be purchased at WeidnerCenter.com or by calling (800) 895-0071.