The program, which will be held at the D.J. Bordini Center, will focus on emerging efficiency developments as well as seamless and automated processing. It will include a discussion of the relationship between paper, film and nonwovens used in the converting industry.
Wisconsin’s converting industry is the largest in the nation, particularly in the “converting corridor” from Green Bay to Milwaukee where, many small to mid-sized producers operate, often contracted by large national brand partners.
The event will include introduction of an industry leadership team whose goal is to advance the industry with news of emerging technologies and greater efficiency. Participating companies represent various aspects of converting, from coating and laminating to flexographic roll printing to packaging and production of many paper, film and related products made across the state.
Executives and companies attending include:
- Mark Kyles, American Custom Converting, Green Bay
- Douglas Brown, Biax-Fiberfilm/5KFibres, Greenville
- Robert Saari, Contract Converting, Greenville
- Daniel Van Goethem, Fox Converting, Howard
- Dan Aberly and Mark Carrick, Legacy Flexo, Green Bay
- Jeff Anderson, Precision Paper Converters, Kaukauna
- Kristin Manteufel, Resource One, Little Chute
- Dick Goepel, Sellars Nonwovens, Milwaukee
- Brad McKay, Top Brass Inc., Wittenberg
Special guests include Barb LaMue, executive director of New North, Inc.; Ann Franz, director of the NEW Manufacturing Alliance; Scott Suder, president of the Wisconsin Paper Council; and Mark Keller, FVTC flexographic printing instructor.
Susan Stansbury, an industry consultant and writer for Packaging Strategies magazine, and Glen Gudino, director of the ConvertersExpo held at Lambeau Field in April, will host the event.
The day begins with networking and tabletop displays at 9:30 am. The program begins at 10:30 a.m. with short presentations and discussion. Networking and a buffet lunch will follow. The event costs $30. To learn more or register, contact Stansbury at [email protected]