For 125 years, The Boldt Company has grown along with its community, as reflected in projects like Appleton Alliance Church’s new 1,800-seat worship center. The project, completed last fall, was part of Boldt’s 120,000-square-foot expansion for the church, which included a gymnasium, athletic fields, coffee shop, scenic walking trails, a new student ministries area, updated security system, and expanded “Discovery Land,” an interactive learning center for kids.
Worship facilities are just one of the areas the construction company specializes in. Recent projects include additions and renovations to St. Joseph Parish in Appleton, All Saints Lutheran Church in Oshkosh, Our Lady of Lourdes Church in De Pere and First English Lutheran Church in Appleton. The company also built a new facility for St. Peter the Fisherman Catholic Parish in Two Rivers.
Boldt was founded in Appleton in 1889 when Martin Boldt opened his carpentry shop. Like its buildings, the company has weathered the test of time. Second-generation Oscar J. Boldt navigated the company through the Great Depression, and then third-generation Oscar C. Boldt expanded the company into larger projects that included the paper industry, education and health care buildings. Now in its fourth generation of leadership, with CEO Tom Boldt at the helm, the company continues its focus on areas such as client relationships and sustainability.
“Boldt has been building communities — schools for our students to learn in, hospitals to heal in, and providing value to its customers, such as Appleton Alliance and others in the New North region and beyond by helping them reach their goals for the past 125 years,” says Patrick Casey, Boldt public relations specialist.