The inaugural Insight Women of Influence Awards will honor women from across the New North region for the differences they make in their communities and businesses.
While several chambers of commerce honor women in business, the Women of Influence Awards seek to honor women from throughout the region in multiple categories and share their success stories with a wider audience.
Nominations are open through Dec. 12 for the awards, which will be handed out at a special luncheon on March 31 at the Bridgewood Resort Hotel & Conference Center in Neenah.
A panel of independent judges will choose winners in five categories:
• Mentor: Honors a woman who enriches the lives and careers of others by sharing the benefits of her experience and knowledge.
• Difference Maker: Honors a woman who goes beyond the call of duty to devote her time, energy and resources to support her community either as a volunteer or the leader of a nonprofit organization.
• Corporate Leader: Honors a regional female executive who is making her mark in her community and industry.
• Business Owner: Honors a woman business owner who has guided her company through significant growth.
• Young Influencer: Honors a woman professional under the age of 40 who is already making a difference in her industry or is a successful entrepreneur.
The winners will be featured in a special section inserted into the April 2020 issue of Insight.
All nominations should be as detailed as possible to help the judges in their decision. For more information or to nominate a woman for an award, please visit insightonbusiness.com/women. Self-nominations are encouraged.