WEDA seeks award nominations
The Wisconsin Economic Development Association, along with award partners the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., the Wisconsin Counties Association and the League of Wisconsin Municipalities, is seeking nominations for WEDA’s Community and Economic Development Awards.
The awards recognize businesses, organizations, individuals, projects or communities that are making significant contributions that propel Wisconsin’s economy forward. Award recipients will receive formal recognition at WEDA’s Community and Economic Development Awards event Sept. 13 in Madison.
Awards will be given in six categories:
• Business Retention and Expansion: Recognizes economic development initiatives that focus on retaining and growing businesses within communities and regions.
• Human Capital: Recognizes initiatives or programs are a vital part of a successful economic development effort. These efforts utilize strategic approaches to strengthen the skills of the workforce by the private sectors; increase and develop the pool of workers; enhance the skill sets of low-skilled and other disadvantaged workers and/or integrate and align economic and workforce development activities by building a comprehensive workforce system.
• Public-Private Partnership: Recognizes an outstanding and innovative development project that has significantly enhanced the economic revitalization of a specific area or community.
• Economic Development Initiative: Honors economic development initiatives that focus on retaining and growing businesses within communities and regions.
• Economic Driver: Recognizes a business that continues to invest with its Wisconsin business operations, human capital and communities.
• Real Estate Redevelopment & Reuse: Recognizes innovative real estate redevelopment or reuse projects that demonstrate measurable and quantitative impact on employment and tax base.
Nominations are being accepted through June 9. For nomination forms and more information, visit www.weda.org/page/awards.
NEWMA opens nominations for K-12 partnership awards
The Northeast Wisconsin Manufacturing Alliance is accepting nominations for the sixth annual Excellence in Manufacturing/K-12 Partnerships Awards to be held on Wednesday, Oct. 25. The event spotlights best practices of manufacturing and education collaborations throughout Northeast Wisconsin as well as showcasing top talent from local manufacturing companies.
Education winners will receive a $500 cash award for their school. The event includes an auction to raise funds for college scholarships for graduating high school seniors to attend one of the two- or four-year colleges in the region. Last year’s event raised more than $30,000, and over the past 10 years, the Alliance has given more than $190,000 in college scholarships. The nomination deadline is June 9. For more information or to nominate, visit https://form.jotform.us/71195429850159.
FVTC holds intellectual assets education sessions
Fox Valley Technical College will hold complimentary Explore Intellectual Assets seminars at various locations in July and August.
Learn about the importance of intellectual assets in business development. These assets may include confidential information, proprietary information, trade secrets, trademarks, domain names, copyrights and patents. This event will provide an overview of intellectual property and how it is used in product and business development.
The events are scheduled from 6 to 9 p.m. on the following dates: July 11, Oshkosh Riverside Campus; July 18, Waupaca Regional Center; July 25, D.J. Bordini Center, Appleton; Aug. 8, Waupaca Regional Center; and Aug. 15, Oshkosh Riverside Campus. Visit www.fvtc.edu/news/Upcoming-Events for more information or to register.